- Thank you for taking the time to review our communication. Keep in mind that this is not a comprehensive list of all scholarship opportunities available to you. You are encouraged to research other scholarship options through a variety of resources, including: Scholarship Search Engines, colleges and universities, places of employment, and community organizations.
When reviewing this information, please make note of deadlines. Transcript requests/counselor recommendations require at least 3 weeks processing time.
The Northview High School Counselors
The Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Program (METP) is a collaboration between The University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) and Mississippi State University (MSU) to attract the top performing students to teacher education programs with full scholarships and professional incentives. The goal is to attract top-performing high school seniors who want to become mathematics and English teachers in Mississippi. New teachers in these subjects will help meet the demands of Common Core standards. All students who enter the program make a five-year commitment to teach in Mississippi after graduation.
For more information please visit: www.metp.org
The Beta Pi Chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity has created a scholarship award program for incoming freshman men at GA Tech. Three scholarships will be awarded.
Applicants must be accepted members of the make freshman class. Must complete application and return it by 5/24/13.
SACAC’s Extend the Dream Scholarship application is now available on SACAC’s website at www.sacac.org.
The Extend the Dream Scholarship is provided through funds from the Southern Association for College Admission Counseling. SACAC wants to recognize and reward deserving students. This scholarship is awarded based on financial need, academic achievement and community service. Awards are in the amount of $1,000 and are not renewable.
- Applicant must be a current high school senior graduating from a public, private, parochial high school or home school located in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee or the Caribbean.
- Applicant must be accepted by and plan to attend a regionally accredited, non-proprietary, technical, community or four-year college in the fall following his/her graduation.
- Applicant must have at least a 2.75 grade point average for grades 9-12.
- Applicant must have financial need.
- Applicant must demonstrate a commitment to community service, social justice issues, and/or leadership qualities.
- Applicant must submit ACT and/or SAT scores.
The application deadline is Friday, May 24, 2013. If you have questions, contact Joyce Mai, SACAC Grants Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ohio State- Eminenc. If you have not applied to Ohio State, there is still plenty of time to apply to the university and for Eminence.
Benefits of the Eminence program:
- Full Cost of Attendance Scholarship for 4 years
- $3,000 research grant after the first year of study
- Unique internship and study abroad opportunities starting freshman year
- One on one mentoring
- Must have applied to the university and the honors program
- Apply for eminence scholarship by Friday, February 8th
- Typical students selected are in the top 3% of their class, score a 34 on the ACT (1520 SAT – Math + Critical Reading) and are evident leaders inside and outside of the classroom
The scholarship website is: http://honors-scholars.osu.edu/emap/
The Eminence Fellows website is: http://honors-scholars.osu.edu/honors/Eminence.aspx
The goal of the Johns Creek Business Association is to help promote the Johns Creek area as a place to develop and foster business. Two (2) $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to two deserving students. High school seniors from Northview, Johns Creek, Chattahoochee or Lambert High Schools in the Johns Creek area are eligible to apply. Additionally, any high school senior who is the child of a Johns Creek Business Association member is eligible, regardless of which high school he/she attends. With this scholarship, we wish to provide financial assistance to those students who will graduate in 2013 and who will attend an accredited college or university for the fall 2013 semester. Minimum overall GPA must be 3.2 or above or 92 numeric average or above.
A complete application packet will include:
1) Completed Scholarship Application form (Pages 1 and 2)
2) Copy of your high school transcript
3) Proof of SAT/ACT Scores.
4) Copy of the acceptance letter from the college or university you will attend this fall.
If selected, your acceptance of our scholarship will constitute your agreement that we may use your name and likeness in publications that reference the JCBA and this scholarship program.
Your application packet is due on or before May 31, 2013. The scholarship recipient will be announced at the June 18, 2013 meeting of the Johns Creek Business Association.
Mail your application packet to:
Johns Creek Business Association
c/o Scholarship Committee
3651 Peachtree Parkway, Suite E117
Suwanee, GA 30024
♦ PharmacyTechnicianReview.com inaugural “Aspiring Pharmacy Technician” Scholarship Program- We are offering high school seniors the opportunity to win a $1,000 scholarship. This will be awarded to students that are interested in pursuing a pharmacology career path at an accredited post-secondary school or college.
We ask that you have interested students visit our website, http://www.pharmacytechnicianreview.com/ to find eligibility information along with the online application link/form that is found on the right side of the page. The deadline for application is June 1, 2013.
The Urban League of Greater Atlanta Young Professionals (ULGA-YP) is excited to award a scholarship to identify and recognize minority students in the metropolitan Atlanta area. The scholarship is for students who exhibit academic success and the potential to one day advance the mission of ULGA-YP; this scholarship is awarded to a minority high school senior who will be attending a college or university, and demonstrates outstanding academic achievement, community service, and leadership. Eligibility:
High school seniors who will be seeking an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university in the fall of 2013.
Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better at time of submission (This is based on a 4.0 scale. Students not on a 4.0 scale must have a B average).
2013 ULGA-YP Dream Catchers Scholarship Application must be postmarked no later than Friday, June 14, 2013. The award will be presented at the annual Dream Catchers Award Reception to be held in August. Scholarship Recipients will be notified of the exact date and time prior to the event.
- Abbott and Fenner Scholarship Program
- Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants are pleased to be able to continue with our scholarship program for the 6th year.
- We will be awarding up to $1,000 to the winner(s) each year.
- Scholarship Deadline - June 14, 2013.
- Application Process
- Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of our web site: http://www.abbottandfenner.com/scholarships.htm
- Full details are available on our site.
The Georgia Epsilon Chapter of Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity at Georgia Southern University is offering three Balanced Man Scholarships in the amounts of $1500, $1000, and $500 to the outstanding males entering Georgia Southern University next year. We are offering these scholarships to the incoming male students who excel in the areas of scholarship, leadership, athletics, and community service. We want to reward men who exemplify these qualities as we believe they are essential to leading a balanced life. To qualify, the student must be attending Georgia Southern University in the fall of 2013 and complete the online application on our website at SigEpGSU.org under the “Scholarships” link.
Questions that you may have concerning the Balanced Man Scholarship should be directed to Wesley Heinrichs at 770-715-5091.
Students applying for the Balanced Man Scholarship are in no way obligated to join Sigma Phi Epsilon to be eligible for the scholarships. Thank you for your time and consideration.
To qualify, you must be attending Georgia Southern University in the 2013-2014 academic year and fill out the application by July 1, 2013. The application can be found within this letter or online at our website SigEpGSU.org. Please follow the “scholarship” link, which will take you to information about the scholarship as well as the link to the application. If you are sending the application by mail please send to:
2605 Little John Circle
Cumming, GA 30040
Atlanta Dental Spa Scholarship
Award Value: $1,000
Application Deadline: August 15th, 2013
This scholarship award is merit based and judged solely by the team at Atlanta Dental Spa.
For more information visit: http://atlantadentalspa.com/scholarship.html
Best Price Nutrition is offering one student a $1,000 paid scholarship towards their academic costs for the 2014 school year. Students need to fill out the necessary information & submit their Essay by December 31st of 2013.
AnimationCareerReview.com 2nd annual “Aspiring Animation Professional” Scholarship Program We are offering high school seniors the opportunity to win a $1,000 scholarship. This will be awarded to students that are interested in pursuing an animation career path at an accredited post-secondary school or college.
We ask that you have interested students visit our website, http://www.animationcareerreview.com/ to find eligibility information along with the online application link/form that is found on the right side of the page. We are also proud to announce the 2012 scholarship winners at the following link: http://www.animationcareerreview.com/2012-animation-career-review-aspiring-animation-professional-scholarship-recipients .
♦Scholarship Search Sites:
* Fastweb: http://www.fastweb.com
* Zinch: http://www.zinch.com
* Moolah Spot: http://www.moolahspot.com
* Student Scholarship Search: http://www.studentscholarshipsearch.com
* College Prowler: http://www.collegeprowler.com
* Cappex: http://www.cappex.com
* Scholarships.com: http://www.scholarships.com
* Scholarship Experts: http://www.scholarshipexperts.com
There are also some good scholarship blogs that feature specific scholarships:
* Scholarships360: http://www.scholarships360.org/
* ScholarshipDude: http://www.scholarshipdude.com/